Explore our Calendar of Events
Explore opportunities to learn, heal and grow with Avow. Here, you’ll find everything you need from support
groups to informative seminars by our experts in hospice, palliative care and grief support.
- This event has passed.
59 Minutes to Well-Being
December 2, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
59 Minutes to promoting the well-being, safety and independence of Florida’s seniors, their families and caregivers.
- Navigating finances, legal matters and the everyday activities as the head of the household
- Understanding health care surrogate, power of attorney and trustee roles
- Understanding joint owner titling of bank accounts and investments
- Digital assets – access issues with email and smart phones; computer vulnerabilities
- Identify various scams and the risks associated with not having appropriate oversight
- Understand the emotional, personal and financial circumstances that can contribute to exploitation – romance scams, online obituaries
- Learn how to recognize exploitation and take appropriate steps to mitigate the harm
December 2, 2021 | 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Ispiri community center, Avow campus
RSVP (239) 430-3184 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Shelly R. Perry
Co-Founder & CEO
Shelley is a trust and estates attorney who has also held senior fiduciary planning and administration positions in a multi-family office and corporate trust department, in addition to practicing in a boutique estate planning law firm.
Linda O. Flores
Co-Founder & COO
Linda has more than 25 years of experience in corporate banking and management. Her extensive and varied roles as a banker enables her to currently serve as a professional fiduciary and professional guardian in the State of Florida.
As a professional fiduciary, we can serve as our clients’ independent trustee, agent under a Durable Power of Attorney, Healthcare Surrogate or Personal Representative for those who have no one else to protect them. Our fiduciary services often serve as a starting point for building a client’s life care management program, which can range from legal and financial needs to medical issues, and emotional and social well-being.