Promise 2 Give Campaign Priorities – Palliative Care
Palliative Care Program and Center Priorities include:
- $1 million for long-term funding of Avow’s palliative care team, including physicians, a nurse practitioner, chaplain, social worker and bereavement specialist.
- $1 million to seed long-term operation of a palliative care center within a new building on campus.
- $1 million to care for approximately 65 children and young adults, whose care needs typically span several years.
- To learn how your gift can help fund services or help build the new auxiliary administration building, call 239.261.4404 and ask to speak to someone in the Development office.
Promise 2 Give Campaign Priorities – Hospice Operations
Gifts to the hospice operations will allow us to:
- Maintain our non-profit, mission-centered focus on providing exceptional care that is unmatched in the community.
- Make up for shortfalls in payments for care and uncertainty in the hospice rate without reducing services.
- Comfort our hospice patients with “extra” therapies that enhance basic care: music therapy, massage therapy, Reiki energy work.
- Help fund daily operations of our Georgeson Hospice House for intensive patient care.
- Provide grief support for patient families and the community.
- Operate a children’s bereavement program in schools, private sessions and workshops.
- Teach community members how to care for someone who is seriously ill.
- Educate businesses, faith institutions, health care providers and the community at large about hospice, palliative care, grief and loss.
- Maintain our commitment to compliance, quality oversight and exceeding expectations.
Promise 2 Give Campaign Priorities – New Building
The Promise 2 Give Campaign funds a new auxiliary administration building on Avow’s campus that will provide dedicated office space for Avow’s outpatient palliative care program, the first in Collier County, as well as desperately needed work space for patient care teams, patient admissions specialists, bereavement counselors and other staff who connect the community to Avow services. The building will include private bereavement counseling rooms for patient families and community members and workspace for volunteers.
The building will be located adjacent to the Ispiri community center on Avow’s Whippoorwill Lane, Naples campus.
Call 239-261-4404 to request a copy of the Promise 2 Give Case of Support.