Explore our Calendar of Events
Explore opportunities to learn, heal and grow with Avow. Here, you’ll find everything you need from support
groups to informative seminars by our experts in hospice, palliative care and grief support.
- This event has passed.
59 Minute Series: Understanding Eldercaring Coordination
August 31 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Join Avow for a free lunch and learn presentation to educate attorneys, healthcare professionals, guardians, case managers, and family members on the Eldercaring Coordination Program available to resolve family conflict with the elderly person being the focus of the discussion.
Participants will learn how to identify the following:
- Definition of eldercaring coordination.
- The difference between elder mediation and eldercaring coordination.
- The role and qualifications of the eldercaring coordinator.
- Family issues that make for an appropriate referral for eldercaring coordination.
- Ethical issues in the sharing of information.
- How the eldercaring coordination fees are paid.
TWO CEUs OFFERED TO NURSING HOME AND ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY ADMINISTRATORS. COST: $10.00 PER CERTIFICATE
Carolyn Moore, B.A., M.S, NHA
Carolyn Moore has 20+ years of management experience in workers’ compensation and healthcare. She has also served a gubernatorial appointment as an ombudsman for the Department
of Elder Affairs and is the board chair of the Florida Board of Nursing Home Administrators and is a qualified arbitrator.
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
(lunch served from 11:30 a.m. to noon)
Dick Lee & Mary Martha Tonra Waterview room, Ispiri community center, 1205 Whippoorwill Lane, Naples FL 34105
RSVP required, contact (239) 285-9300 or email@example.com