When you’re challenged by illness, caregiving or loss, Avow is here to offer you loving care and professional guidance.
Grieving the loss of a loved one?
Avow offers support and guidance on your pathway to healing.
Looking for more meaning in your life? Volunteer at Avow…
Our highest human desire is to make a difference – to be valued, to matter. Our volunteers offer a compassionate ear, a loving touch and dedicate their time and talents to help move Avow’s mission forward. Seeking greater purpose? You’ll find it here.
Avow cares. You make it possible.
100% of Avow’s community bereavement support, complementary therapies and spiritual care are made possible because of generous contributions. Donations also help sustain and enhance our hospice and palliative care programs. With your support, we care better, and for more people in the community.
When illness, death, grief and loss touch your life, or the life of someone close to you, you need loving care and professional guidance to get through. Here in southwest Florida, Avow is that source of expert care.
We compassionately serve those who are:
Living with chronic, serious or terminal illness
Caring for a frail senior or someone who is seriously ill
Grieving any loss: a family member, friend, coworker, fellow student or pet
Avow was founded by area residents in 1983 as a not-for-profit hospice. Today, Avow is one of the area’s premier health care providers with programs of support for everyone in southwest Florida from newborns to our most senior citizens.
Ten Signs You Should Call Avow
1. You are living with an illness that has overtaken your life and prevents you from enjoying friends, family and favorite activities.
2. You have pain or discomfort that your doctor has tried but can’t seem to control.
3. You have complications in your illness or treatment that send you to the Emergency Room for help.
4. You are hospitalized repeatedly for your illness or a crisis in your care.
5. You have been told that your condition cannot be cured, and that it might be time to stop treatments that are no longer helping and are making you feel miserable.
6. You feel angry, alone or are hurting physically, emotionally or spiritually from suffering that no one seems able to relieve.
7. You are overwhelmed with the demands of caring for someone who is seriously ill.
8. You can’t seem to find a way back to “normal life” as you grieve the loss of someone you loved.
9. You are deeply mourning the loss of a beloved pet, but no one seems to understand your feelings or take them seriously.
10. A child in your life is struggling to understand the death of a friend, teacher or loved one and you don’t know where to turn for help.
Avow offers caregiver support groups for those caring for a loved one who is seriously ill. The group is open to anyone in the community; neither the caregiver nor the patient needs to be associated with Avow’s hospice or palliative care services. Attendees may be parents, spouses, children or friends of people suffering from cancer, dementia, heart disease, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, frailty or any other condition.
Groups are offered on the first (1st) and third (3rd) Tuesday of each month at Ispiri on the Avow campus at 1095 Whippoorwill Lane, Naples from 1:00 – 2:30 PM.
Save the date! The Avow Butterfly Release will be held in Cambier Park, Naples on March 25, 2017.
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
View hundreds of live butterflies inside exhibit tent.
Enjoy musical entertainment
A variety of butterfly craft activities will be available for children
Shop for all things butterfly at the “Wings to Go” sales tent
Pick up a treat from the volunteer bake sale or on-site vendors
12:00 – 1:00 PM
Participate in the remembrance ceremony featuring songs, inspirational readings and a public reading of the names of those being remembered. At the close of the ceremony the butterfly exhibit tent will be opened for a breath-taking release of beautiful butterflies.
(On-line registration closes on Wednesday, March 22. Phone-in registrations close at 3 PM on Friday, March 22, call 239-649-3683. A limited number of name registrations will be available the day of the event for $50 per name.) Follow this link for more details and to pre-register.
This event takes place rain or shine. Some activities may be affected in the case of inclement weather.
Avow Cares. You Make the Difference.
HELP SUPPORT OUR MISSION
Our grief support programs and portions of our hospice and palliative care services are made possible thanks to generous contributions from our individuals like you. Generosity brings comfort and care to thousands of people each year and inspires Avow to grow and enhance its spectrum of care.
Your gift is needed and appreciated.
Make an online donation now by selecting one of the buttons below.
If you prefer to make a donation by phone or by mail, select the “Learn More” link below for more information.