- For Someone with Chronic Illness
- For someone with a terminal illness
- For Caregivers
- For Grief
- For My Patient
For someone with a terminal illness
It’s never too early to learn about the benefits of hospice care. The unfortunate myth about hospice care is that it’s for people in the last days of their lives. The reality is that, in many cases, hospice care can actually help people live longer. In virtually every case, hospice care brings significant comfort, peace and dignity to patients who are fearful, vulnerable, confused or exhausted from curative medical treatments that have failed to stop the progress of their illness.
Hospice Care treatment goals are aimed to relieve…
- Physical symptoms - Pain, nausea, vomiting and other symptoms are controlled as effectively as medically possible
- Emotional symptoms – The patient and family are helped to cope with emotional distress connected with the illness and impending death
- Spiritual symptoms – The patient and family are assisted with finding meaning in life and experiencing peace, even in the face of death
In addition to clinical care, Avow patients have access to prescription medicines, equipment and supplies needed to treat the terminal illness. These items are delivered wherever the patient lives. Learn more about Avow’s hospice care services on our Hospice Services page.
Request a consultation now on line or by calling (239) 261-4404. Our care coordinators are ready to talk to you any time of the day or night.
Not sure if you or your loved one is ready for hospice care? Read our frequently asked questions.